This mental health nursing degree will provide you with a thought-provoking and contemporary study programme, carefully crafted to equip you with the knowledge, skills and experience you need to practice as a mental health nurse.
Get set to explore a fascinating range of topics, including physical health and wellbeing, anatomy, physiology and human biology, as you take a journey to become a reflective, self-aware and person-centred practitioner.
Throughout your Mental Health Nursing (Hons) degree at Abertay University , you’ll enjoy a consistently high level of support from a team of tutors and lecturers from a variety of clinical backgrounds, some of whom continue to work in practice. This is complemented by practitioners and colleagues from counselling and nursing.
This degree is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and leads to registration as a Mental Health Nurse.
Learning and Assessment
You’ll be taught by an enthusiastic and committed team of teachers, researchers and practitioners with extensive experience, and you’ll learn through a combination of lectures, practical classes, tutorials, independent study and online learning.
This is combined with clinical practice placements with NHS Tayside or NHS Fife, which provide valuable experience and the opportunity to put theory into practice through a process of mentoring, and the development of an ongoing achievement record.
A mental health nursing degree is a great springboard for exploring opportunities in mental health and clinical areas - and this programme makes you extremely mobile. Graduates from this programme can go anywhere and the options are endless.
For example, you can go on to a career working in:
- Community and hospital settings in the NHS
- The private and third sectors caring for older people, children and adolescents
- Substance misuse, acute care and forensic settings
There are also opportunities for further study on our PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Placement and Professional Development
- Mental Health Across the Lifespan
- Understanding Interventions
- Pharmacology and Prescribing
- Public Health
- Interventions - Evidence and Actions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 412 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must attend for interview and, if successful, must undergo health screening and criminal records checks. Enrolled students are required to make an annual declaration of good health and good character. The University must affirm this declaration before registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) is possible.
- All applicants must have passes in English in one of the following: National 5 C and GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent. National 5 ESOL is accepted in lieu of National 5 English.
- Where English is not the first language, applicants require IELTS at 7.0 (with no band less than 7.0) or equivalent.
- All applicants must have passes in Maths/Lifeskills Maths in one of the following: National 5 C and GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- English, Welsh & Northern Irish Students: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.