The BA Contemporary Theatre and Performance (Hons) course at University of the Arts London (UAL) will give you the opportunity to develop as a collaborative theatre-maker, creative entrepreneur and innovative performance practitioner. You will work collaboratively to create contemporary theatre productions and to develop innovative forms of performance.
The course will enable you to work in an ensemble and to form a company or collective. You will plan, design, develop and deliver performance projects for a range of theatrical and non-theatrical locations and contexts, ensuring your work is engaged with contemporary culture.
What to expect
- To develop practical and critical skills to produce solo and group performances
- To be able to make performance across a range of creative forms and disciplines
- To investigate critical approaches to contemporary theatre and post-dramatic performance
- To study the theory and practice of performance composition
- To have the opportunity to develop your own compositional practices
- To gain an understanding of performance in relation to text, image and action
- To investigate different performance environments
- To look at performance in a cultural, political and historical context
- To examine global theatre practices, post-colonial narratives, and socially-engaged performance
- To learn about digital, participatory and relational performance practices
- To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Performance Lab
- Theatre in Context
- Representing the Real
- Performance Histories
- Collaborative Collective Practices
- Digital Performance Lab
- Contemporary Theatre-making
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance Art Education Music Performance View 416 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are one or a combination of the following qualifications:
- 2 A Levels at grade C or above
- Pass at Foundation Diploma in Acting, Performance or Art and Design (Level 3 or 4)
- Merit, Pass, Pass (MPP) at BTEC Extended Diploma
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Or equivalent EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Diploma
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.