Healthcare Science from St George's, University of London provides professional training in the medical and biological sciences and leads to a career in clinical physiology, specialising in cardiac or respiratory and sleep physiology.
The course also offers an apprenticeship scheme for employers. It involves a substantial programme of on and off the job training. An integrated apprenticeships programme, is employer-led: employers set the standards, create the demand for apprentices to meet their skills needs, fund the apprenticeship and are responsible for employing and training the apprentice. To achieve occupational competence, an independent, end point assessment will be provided.
Successful students are eligible to apply for NHS positions up to Band 5 in their chosen field, and for professional registration with both the Academy of Healthcare Sciences (AHCS) and the Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP). Once employed, students may gain skills and experience and progress to more senior positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Basis of Healthcare Science
- Scientific Basis of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Sleep Science
- Pathophysiology of Common Cardiovascular and Respiratory Conditions
- Instrumentation, Signal Processing and Imaging
- Cardiac Physiology or Respiratory and Sleep Physiology Specialist module
- Applying Respiratory and Sleep Physiology to Practice or Applying Cardiac Physiology to Practice
- Research Project in Respiratory and Sleep Physiology or Research Project in Cardiac Physiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 969 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- full details of your Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) qualifications with grades
- full details of your Level 3 (A Level or equivalent) qualifications with achieved/predicted grades
- a personal statement
- an academic reference from your current or most recent institutions with predicted grades
- International Baccalaureate
- English language
- If you are a current healthcare professional or a member of a registered professional body, you must provide details of your registration.
- Work experience
International17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51750 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27750 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
International (including EU)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.