You’ll examine every aspect of computing, from programming to networks, and learn to develop the computer applications that are moulding the future. You’ll be able to explore the latest boundary-pushing technology, such as artificial intelligence and computer vision.
With this MEng Computer Science at University of Portsmouth , you can register as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP). It gives you the platform to launch your career as a specialist in technical computing roles, from the biggest multinationals to the smallest software developers. Your Master’s qualification is also suited to careers in academic and industrial research.
What you'll experience
On this degree course, you'll:
- Get a thorough grounding in hardware, software and information processing
- Learn from experts with career experience in computer science
- Get to grips with the technical side of computer systems design and use your knowledge to find solutions to practical problems
- Use the latest tech and apply your skills to real-life problems via our partnership schemes with charities and organisations
- Access equipment such as our high performance computer and usability labs, including the latest eye-tracking technology
- Build your knowledge in specialist areas of the industry such as cyber-security
- Make the most of workplace trips, pop-up lectures and hack days, where you'll join forces with other computing students to collaborate on projects and solve challenging problems
Careers and opportunities
You’ll graduate with a diverse skill set that covers programming, software development and network management. This gives you a foundation for a career in areas such as:
- software engineering
- web development
- computer programming
- network design
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics and Functional Programming
- Operating Systems and Internet working
- Programming Applications and Programming Languages
- Software Engineering Theory and Practice
- Distributed Systems and Security
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Individual Project (Engineering)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence View 483 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 120-136 points to include a minimum of 3 A levels, or equivalent, with 40 points from Mathematics, plus one other relevant subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.