Why study Cyber Security Management (Hons) at Bournemouth University ?
- Explore the evolving threat landscape and gain applied skills in building and managing secure systems
- Learn the fundamental concepts of psychology, business, law, and management that relate to cyber security in technology
- Become a strategic thinker and be a step ahead of the hackers – understanding the threats and implementing the solutions to combat them
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You’ll be qualified to work in the security and/or forensic industry in roles such as police forensics investigator, forensics consultant, security advisor, information security analyst or cyber security analyst.
The modern focus on computing and IT means that cyber security is a growing priority for organisations of every size, while the likes of government agencies, NGOs, police authorities and defence organisations are placing increasing importance on cyber security. This course is designed to provide the cyber security specialists of the future, filling a skills gap in the IT sector.
So this course at BU really prepares you for work in this ever-changing sector. You will have the opportunity to make connections in the industry through work placements and your skills will be highly sought after once you graduate.
Our graduates are highly sought after, within fifteen months of completing their course, 91% of our students are in further study or work, of which 84% students are employed in a professional or managerial position.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Programming
- Computer Fundamentals
- Data and Databases
- Networks and Cyber Security
- Application of Programming Principles
- Business Systems Analysis and Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership IT Security Cyber Security View 1278 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of two A-levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM.
For September 2021 and September 2022 entry: IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all other components, or equivalent.
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry onto Year 1 for September 2021 and September 2022 entry:
- Chinese Senior High School Graduation Certificate (Huikao) average 80%, or Gaokao 61-71%. Grade depends on the course
- Hong Kong HKDSE Diploma (4,4,3 to 4,4,4 from three subjects). Grade depends on the course
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination (Standard XII) 60-70%
- Italian Esame di Stato with 60-70%. Grade depends on the course
- Titulo de Bachillerato with 6 or 7. Grade depends on the course
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Fees are for 2022 entry. Your tuition fees will be the same for each year of your course. Fees during your placement year (if applicable): £850.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.