All our language tutors are native speakers of Portuguese and you will study both the European and Brazilian variants of the language.Language study offers much more than just language fluency. You'll explore diverse aspects of the culture, society, history, politics and literature of the countries in which European and Brazilian Portuguese is spoken, helping you to develop intercultural awareness and communication skills - both highly valued by employers.
You'll benefit from excellent teaching, student support and cutting-edge study facilities, as well as from the vibrancy and cultural diversity of Manchester itself, Western Europe's most multilingual city.
A degree in Modern Language and Business and Management (Portuguese) offered at The University of Manchester paves the way for an exceptionally broad range of careers. You will develop intercultural awareness and communication skills - both highly valued by employers.
Studies show that over two-thirds of UK businesses value foreign language skills; through your studies, you'll acquire transferable expertise at the very heart of language learning, including enhanced powers of perception and interpretation and advanced decision-making and multitasking skills.
This will open up numerous paths with an international dimension (eg business and finance). You will also have excellent all-round communication skills, making you a strong contender for openings in the media, PR and similar areas.
Many of our graduates go straight into business services, marketing, advertising, management, banking or communications. Others opt for postgraduate study or further vocational training to become accountants, lawyers, teachers (in the UK or abroad) or enter the Civil Service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Firms and Management in Comparative Perspective
- Brazilian Literature
- Portuguese Language
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Corporate Finance and Financial Instruments
- Managing Business Operations
- New Product Development and Innovation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Language Studies International Business View 105 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB plus GCSE maths and a modern foreign language grade B
- AS level results are not considered as part of the standard admissions process at The University of Manchester.
Unit grade information
- The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit information where available. Like all other information provided by applicants this may be taken into consideration when assessing your application. Unit grades will not normally form part of an offer conditions.
Equivalents to A-level grades are as follows:
- A*AA: 37 points overall, with 7,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
- AAA: 36 points overall, with 6,6,6 in Higher Level subjects.
- AAB: 35 points overall, with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19000 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.