At the Robert Gordon University studying the BA Media (Hons) you'll have strong links with industry to ensure our course content remains up to date and relevant for the real world of contemporary media. There is a great deal of practitioner input, incorporating a range of guest speakers and live client projects. Our partnership with STV2 provides you with industry training in marketing, audience segmentation and content creation.
You will have a number of opportunities to enhance your practical experience through your involvement in RGU Film, RGU TV, RADAR Magazine and working in the student radio station.
The media industry encompasses a wide range of careers and is expanding further with the growth of digital media. This course will prepare you for a career in a variety of areas with possible careers in such areas as the creative industries, documentary production, social and digital media, commercials, corporate video production, interactive media and web design. Job roles include Television and Radio Researcher, Web Designer, Social Media Marketing Officer, Advertising Executive and Journalist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Media Business
- Visual Culture and Design
- Creative Short Film Making
- Digital Media Platforms And Practices
- Communication Principles And Practice
- Documentary Discourse and Practice
- Media Semiotics And Discourse
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
January entry (International Fee-Paying Students Only)
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 475 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- SQA Higher: BBBB to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English).
- GCE A Level: BCC to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English).
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher: H2H2H3H3 to include English (or a written subject requiring the use of English).
- IB Diploma: 28 to include Higher Level English (or a written subject requiring the use of English) at grade 5.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1820 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Rest of UK Students
- £5,000 per academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.