The Pharmaceutical Sciences at Athlone Institute of Technology are typically concerned with methods and techniques to minimize toxicity and optimize therapeutic efficacy, maximize product yield, how to circumvent difficulties with drug absorption or unwanted distribution and premature inactivation or elimination. It also explores which new generation technologies such as nano-encapsulation and stimuli-sensitive polymers are most suitable to achieve beneficial drug delivery.
The core experience across the modules is the exploration of the structure-property relationships of drugs and pharmaceutical materials. Using sophisticated apparatus and instrumentation, our graduates will develop the skills that will give them a range of career options. In addition, we will help to grow the interpersonal attributes required for you to interact with colleagues from other disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- General Biology
- Communication Fundamentals
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Introductory Medical Microbiology
- Professional Development and Careers in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesPharmacy View 32 other Masters in Pharmacy in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Leaving Certificate Grade H5 in two higher-level subjects, plus four subjects at Grade 06 at ordinary level. Subjects to include Mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
- Any major QQI award with three distinctions and a pass in C20139 or 5N1833 or C20174 or C2017 or Leaving Certificate Maths at O6/H7.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.