The main assumption of global studies is to concentrate on the globalization as a main research and teaching subject. It does not analyse globalization form the point of view of the national state. Instead global studies put globalization in the centre and study it as a complex and autonomous process which imposes the specified and similar conditions to all national and international actors. Global Studies are hardly defined by the assumptions and methods of any of contemporary sciences. Instead they have a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary character, as they join diverse theoretical approaches of economy, international relations, political sciences, anthropology, sociology, area studies, cultural and ethnic studies, but also some elements natural sciences such as the earth and life sciences or physics.
Details of the program International Relations - Global Studies program at University of Wroclaw
- The program of Bachelor Studies offered by the Institute contains at least 2000 teaching hours, which is equivalent to 180 ETCS credits. To finish the study students are obliged to write Bachelor thesis under the supervision of one of the institutes's professors and defend it or pass Bachelor exam.
- The program of studies consists of the obligatory courses (general and related to the area of study), specialty courses and optional courses, which students choose according to their own interests.
- Students choose their optional courses before the start of each semester.
- Student have to collect 30 ECTS in each semester from obligatory courses, optional courses and workshops.
- Other obligatory elements of the program are: Polish language (4 semesters/120 hours), other foreign language ( 1 semesters/60 hours), physical education in the University's Sport Centre (60 hours).
- Students have the possibility to participate in the programs of international student exchange and use all the other offers and propositions directed to the student of the University of Wrocław.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Globalization
- History of Poland
- Law and State Theory
- Political and Economical Geography
- Contemporary International Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School graduation certificate or equivalent with decision about nostrification
- High School transcript of grades
- Certificate confirming access to higher education in your country
- Certificate confirming English Language knowledge on B2 level
- Passport photocopy
- Digital passport size photo
International3150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3150 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.