Make your mark in the game industry with the power of art and technology combined. Students apply their passion for art to create and animate environments, characters, textures, props and collision objects utilizing 2D and 3D platforms. They also develop the complex technical skills that make games not only move but also interact with the player to achieve a heightened sense of reality not to mention a more enjoyable – and educational – experience.
Students in UAT’s computer animation degree program master all levels of game development to create 3D art assets for multiple video game platforms. They learn to incorporate the artistic principles used in 3D video games art asset creation such as color theory, lighting, shading, anatomy, life drawing, perspective, scene staging, modeling low polygon and high polygon, 3D mesh topology, texturing, rigging, hand key character and prop animations, as well as motion capture and facial animation.
With a respected degree in animation from University Of Advancing Technology, students are prepared to enter the game industry as a character artist modeler, texture artist, character artist animator, environment artist modeler, environment artist animator, mechanical mesh modeler, mechanical mesh animator or rigger.
Game Art and Animation Degree Objectives
- Demonstrate and communicate aesthetic skills and choices based on traditional art theories and current game development practiced and next generation research.
- Conceptualize and generate pre-production art assets through pre-visualization and prototypes usable for multiple game platforms.
- Create 2D and 3D art assets such as characters, props, textures, environment elements (terrain, ecosystems, architecture, and skybox), and collision objects for future prototyping (fully optimized) utilizing industry standard software tools and platform guidelines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concept Art
- Figure and Character Sculpting
- Game Art and Animation Fundamentals
- Introduction to Game Art and Animation
- Introduction to Game Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia View 178 other Bachelors in Video Games & Multimedia in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Ability to express yourself
- Always drawing and doodling
- Artistic proficiency and imaginative flair
- Desire to change the status quo
- Dreams big and often (sometimes in class)
- Focused on creative use of software development
- Most comfortable with geeky things
- Passion for technology
- Problem solving skills
- Raw intelligence
- Strong academic history
- Support of family and friends
- UAT is the clear choice for its distinctive education and best fit
- Understands the significance of a prestigious technology education
International24950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12475 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12475 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Tempe
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.