Delivered by research scientists and clinicians, the course combines a Sport and Exercise Sciences programme with the medical specialty of Sport and Exercise Medicine. This degree is ever more relevant with a growing focus on public health approaches that aim to treat or prevent disease/injury through physical activity and lifestyle interventions. Graduates will be in an excellent position to progress into a broad range of careers within the medical or sport sciences.
- King’s Health Partners is one of the UK’s six Academic Health Science Centres, bringing together a world-leading research led university (King’s College London) and three successful NHS Foundation Trusts (Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and the Maudsley).
- King’s was ranked 6th In REF2014, in UK in Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism Unit of Assessment. King’s expertise spans skeletal, cardiac and respiratory muscle physiology, ageing, tissue regeneration and environmental physiology - few institutions conduct such as diverse range of human physiology research.
- The course covers several related disciplines including nutrition, biochemistry and psychology - areas in which King’s are internationally renowned.
- King’s association with sport is long standing – we have a world-class bio-analytical and pharmaceutical laboratories undertaking drug- related research.
- Options to take research projects under the supervision of some of the leading researchers in numerous scientific and clinical fields – providing fantastic opportunities to learn fundamental research skills.
Graduates will have a wide range of career opportunities relating to: the support and analysis of elite athletes, the rehabilitation of athletes/patients, public health, and academia - such as research and teaching. Students will also be in an excellent position to undertake further post-graduate study including: physiotherapy, sports nutrition, occupational therapy, clinical physiology, or medicine.
The Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences programme is offered at King's College London.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Sports, Exercise, Health & Medicine I
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Exercise Biology
- Research, Communication & Presentation Skills in Sports & Exercise Medicine
- Foundation Nutrition for Sports Sciences
- Introduction to Psychology: Understanding Human Behaviour
- Sports, Exercise, Health & Medicine II
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Biochemistry View 476 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A-levels. However, if offered the grade achieved may be taken into account when considering whether or not to accept a candidate who has just fallen short of the conditions of their offer.
- Two subjects from Biology (or Human Biology), Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Physical Education or Mathematics
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.