The foundation of the major is the development of basic skills in calculus, statistics, probability, optimization, mathematical programming, and computer science which provide the fundamental tools used in the field. At Cornell University, the basic courses in the undergraduate program major in Operations Research and Engineering provide students with a solid background in these subjects.
Program Objectives and Outcomes
Their OR&E academic program will include:
- One or more advanced courses on applications in: supply chain and manufacturing systems; data analysis; information engineering; financial engineering; or service systems.
- A collaborative systems design experience.
- Collaborative project experiences involving both written and oral presentations.
- Courses with significant experiential learning components.
- Experiences with identifying, accessing, evaluating, and interpreting information and data in support of assignments, projects, or research.
- Course experiences with large-scale datasets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Additional required courses in the major cover the topics of cost accounting, manufacturing systems, and simulation. In the senior year, our program is quite flexible. Students select a total of at least nine credit hours of ORIE electives. These serve to broaden and deepen their experience in the major.
- These electives are chosen from the areas of applied probability and applied statistics, industrial systems, optimization, information technology, or financial engineering. Nine credits of major-approved electives are also required; this requirement provides students with the flexibility to study topics closely related to Operations Research, such as information technology, quantitative management, and economics.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 1366 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Basic Requirements
- Choosing a College
- Application Supporting Materials
- Cornell University Supplemental Information
- Official Transcript
- Standardized Test Scores
- Application Fee
- Additional Submissions
International58586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58586 USD per year during 48 months.
National58586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58586 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.