You can take classes about piracy, the literature and art of the sea, and conservation of marine environments, while gaining hands-on experience through professional internships or by obtaining a commercial shipping license.
We offer a bachelor degree in Maritime Studies at the SUNY Maritime College. Located half an hour from the heart of New York City and one of the nation's busiest ports, one of the strengths of the Maritime Studies program is that you can visit and actively explore the history, arts and culture you learn about. Faculty regularly take their classes on field trips to places like the South Street Seaport, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Broadway and Woodlawn Cemetery.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a Maritime Studies major, you will be able to tailor much of your coursework to your interests, including courses in cinema, law, art, history and world cultures. You will also focus on developing the research, communication and writing skills that are vital to a wide variety of careers.
- If you want to work on dry land, you will pursue the professional internship option. You will be required to complete at least one internship. Your internship will give you insight into career options and the hands-on experience that make you valuable to prospective employers.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering View 58 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the application. Apply online using the SUNY Application or Common Application.
- All academic credentials must have an official seal, stamp or signature of a school or government official, and be submitted in the original language (if not in English, it must be accompanied by an exactly worded and certified translation). Upon receipt of your documents we may require further evaluation. All foreign academic transcripts must be evaluated by WES or a NACES approved evaluation service, and translated into English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- 250 word essay or personal statement.
- Submit your English Proficiency test scores via an official score report for the TOEFL or SAT or ACT or IELTS. Please note that TOEFL and IELTS scores are not valid past two years.
International17527 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17527 USD per year during 48 months.
National18650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18650 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State15465 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15465 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.