You’ll learn from some of the nation’s best teachers and industry professionals, including several Broadway veterans, in Shenandoah Conservatory’s Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre program.
While we’re known as the “pop/rock school,” you’ll actually focus on all genres and periods of musical theatre in our program, which is the second-oldest in the country. Our comprehensive curriculum at Shenandoah University is designed around current industry practice, with an emphasis on contemporary storytelling methods.
Most (usually 70–90%) of our seniors graduate with a summer stock or full-year contract, and then move to New York City after their contract is complete. Students have gone on to performing careers on Broadway, off-Broadway, national and international tours, regional theatres, cruise ships, theme parks, renaissance fairs, outdoor dramas, educational theatre and TV/Film. Off the stage you can find our alumni casting for theatre, television, and film; working as agents; creating new works (film, theatre, and musical theatre); directing, music directing, choreographing, and running theatre companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Basic Musicianship
- Voice and Speech for Musical Theatre
- Theatre Production
- Acting Through Song
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Theatre & Dance View 1270 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.