This is especially true when your world is an island wonderland filled with unlimited opportunity and intellectual resources. That’s Cape Breton and this is CBU – a place where you can learn to communicate with efficiency, respect and effectiveness. Here, you leverage your naturally existing communication skills to amplify and expand your other communication-based talents.
Clear and creative communication is critically important for safe, stable communities and workplaces. That’s why we’re proud to say Cape Breton University offers the only Communication major in the Maritimes.
Possible Career Paths
- Public relations/corporate communication
- Social work
- Human resources
- Community leadership
- Multimedia industries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nonverbal Communication
- Issues in Media Studies
- Strategic Corporate Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Facilitation Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 35 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An overall average of 65% is required for all students applying to most CBU credit programs based on high school performance. Additional requirements may apply to specific programs.
- If space permits, CBU will accept all candidates who can verify that they have met the minimum entry requirements established by CBU for the programs in which they wish to enroll.
- Note: CBU does not guarantee that applications completed after August 1, will be processed for September registration.
International8280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 CAD per year during 48 months.
National8280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8280 CAD per year during 48 months.
In-State6997 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6997 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.