The curriculum of the Economics program from Lewis and Clark College begins with an introduction to the methods and questions of economics in Principles of Economics. Students are then encouraged to explore the range of lower-level electives and core courses. Ideally, students interested in majoring in economics will have completed the lower-division core courses and declared their major by the end of the sophomore year.
Students intending to pursue graduate studies in economics or careers as research economists are strongly encouraged to take additional mathematics courses, particularly calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and additional work in statistics. Students are also encouraged to complement their studies with practical experience in a range of internships.
Upon graduation, Economics majors at Lewis & Clark College will be able to
- Understand the core concepts of economic theory.
- Apply the core concepts of economic theory to real questions posed by consumers, producers, governments, and other organizations.
- Collect economic data and use empirical methods to test hypotheses and interpret economic data.
- Communicate economic analysis in oral, written, and graphical formats.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Statistics View 391 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation completed by a teacher who has taught you in an academic course (English, mathematics, science, foreign language, history, or social studies) in 10th-12th grade
- Personal essay/statement
- Leadership, community service and work experience, and extracurricular involvements
- Expressed interest in the college or personal interview (interviews are recommended, but not required)
- SAT or ACT scores, if submitted. Please see our Test-Optional Policy.
International54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54832 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.