By studying this degree you will:
- be able to pursue a career in economics and acquire a foundation in mathematics to undertake postgraduate study necessary to follow such a career path
- study a degree suitable for students of high mathematical ability, combining and relating mathematics, statistics and economics
- understand how rigorous proofs can be given in mathematics and see how the theories developed can be used in an economics context
This Mathematics and Economics degree at the University of London will prepare you for a career as an economist in industry, finance, government or international organisations. It will also prepare you for a range of other careers where these skills are valued. You could also gain entry to a master’s programme in this field.
This BSc will help you to question and analyse information, develop arguments, and boost your analytical and communication skills – all of which are valued in management-related roles.
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Mathematics Actuarial Science View 906 other Bachelors in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For access to the BSc Mathematics and Economics degree, you will usually meet the following criteria:
- Age 17+ by 30 November in the year of registration.
- Satisfy our General Entrance Requirements.
- Mathematics to UK GCE A Level (Grade A - E) or equivalent.
International2136 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6408 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA2136 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6408 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Teaching Centre tuition fees:
- Indicative total: standard BSc: £6408
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.