Law at Abertay explores the Scottish legal system and the building blocks of Scots law, neatly complemented with subjects from other disciplines. This approach helps you develop a view of the differing contexts in which law operates.
- Enables graduates, on successful completion of postgraduate studies and a traineeship, to become Scottish solicitors.
- Is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates.
- Offers extracurricular activities such as Mooting.
- Is a top 20 UK Law course according to The Guardian University Guide, 2019.
You’ll also use the university’s moot room for debates and other exercises where you’ll present legal arguments. Work placement and single-term overseas study opportunities may be available in Year 3, with both opportunities designed to broaden your knowledge of the law and legal systems.
You'll graduate with excellent employment prospects. The transferable skills gained during your degree will make you highly sought-after by employers, with many of our graduates moving into careers in areas such as:
- The court service
- The police
- The civil service
- Law centres or advice bureaus
Graduates have also found careers in banks, financial services and journalism. Others have chosen careers as legal academics, and some have used their legal knowledge to assist them in setting up their own businesses.
Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Systems and Methods
- Law of Contract
- Public Law
- Law of Delict
- Criminal Law
- Law of Succession
- Family Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Public Law View 359 other Bachelors in Public Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Abertay University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All applicants must have passes in English and Maths - National 5 English grade C or GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent. National 5 ESOL is accepted in lieu of National 5 English. National 4 Maths or National 5 Maths/Lifeskill Maths grade C.
- Cambridge FCE/CAE/CPE - overall score of 169 on Cambridge Grading Scale
- International Baccalaureate - English B at S5 or H4, English A no specific grade required
- European Baccalaureate - English Language 1 at grade 6 or English Language 2 at grade 7
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
England, Northern Ireland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland: £9250
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.