The Biomedical Science (Hons) programme Keele University explores how cells, organs and systems function in the human body and this area is at the heart of innovation and discovery in modern day medicine. You will explore the range of diseases and disorders that can affect our body and develop the skills to diagnose and treat disease effectively. The interdisciplinary skills gained on this course will prepare you for a variety of careers such as a biomedical scientist, medical writer or research scientist.
96% of Keele graduates were in a job or further study within six months of graduating (HESA, 2017)
You will graduate with a strong set of transferable skills suited to a range of roles in the science, education and health sectors. You may also wish to further your knowledge by progressing to postgraduate study.
The Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology and the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Applications of Biomedical Science I
- Physiology and Anatomy
- Core Practical Skills
- Molecular Cell Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 325 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Level Requirements
- A Level requirement ABB
- To include 2 Science A levels, preferably Chemistry. Science subjects include: Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Food Science/Technology, Further Maths, Geography, Geology, Human Biology, Maths, Physics, Psychology, Sports Science and Statistics.
- Maths at C (or 4)English at C (or 4)
- BTEC requirements DDM in a Science based subject
- 32 points to include Higher Level Science subject at 6 or above.
Access to HE Diploma Requirements
- Obtain Access to Higher Education Diploma with 30 Level 3 credits at Distinction and 15 L3 credits at Merit. You must also have taken sufficient Science credits, please contact us for advice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP (UG)
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank).
- US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANS
Keele University is certified to award Federal Stafford and PLUS loans. Federal Direct Loans are provided by the US government.
- ARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.