This Engineering Physics program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University addresses scientific research, planning, and instrumentation associated with space exploration. Students in the program will understand atmospheric physics, spacecraft control systems, as well as design sensors and instruments to take our understanding of the cosmos to the next level. Graduates will have a firm foundation for success in graduate school or challenging careers in engineering and physics in any industry.
Students are encouraged to participate in campus organizations such as the Mars Society, the American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), Mars Aerial Vehicle Project, Society of Physics Students (SPS), Sigma Pi Sigma National Physics Honor Society, Embry-Riddle Future Space Explorers and Developers Society (ERFSEDS), and more.
About Engineering Physics at the Daytona Beach
Housed in the Department of Physical Sciences in the College of Arts & Sciences, the Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics degree program gives students the knowledge and skills of both scientists and engineers.
Students focus on the scientific challenges and planning associated with mission design and research related to space exploration.
However, with its strong emphasis on engineering fundamentals, the curriculum not only creates a gateway into the space program, but also a foundation for a wide range of engineering and physics careers and graduate programs.
A typical first year will include fundamentals like Engineering Drawing and Current Topics in Space Science along with math, science, communication, and general education courses.
The Daytona Beach Campus is home to an Engineering Physics Design Lab featuring high-processing engineering graphics workstations and state-of-the-art software.
The Engineering Physics program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus and Analytical Geometry
- Differential Equations and Matrix Methods
- Mathematical Methods for Engineering and Physics
- Chemistry for Engineers
- Space Systems Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 2395 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter this program, students must have completed four years of high school science and mathematics, demonstrating a high level of competency. Successful candidates for this program will be prepared to enter Calculus I and Chemistry for Engineers.
- Application for admission and $50 application fee
- Official Transcript
- All international students must provide a copy of his or her valid passport for immigration purposes. The passport must be valid for at least six months of the semester to which the student is applying.
- We suggest you submit two letters of recommendation.
- Proof of Funds - required for student visa purposes ONLY
- English Language Requirement
- Letters of Recommendation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39216 USD per year during 48 months.
National39216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39216 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State37344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37344 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Daytona Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.