Student learning outcomes for the chemistry and biochemistry majors:
- Students understand essential concepts in chemistry and biochemistry.
- Students exhibit competence in the chemistry/biochemistry laboratory.
- Students demonstrate the ability to think critically in analyzing scientific information and problem solving.
- Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Students are knowledgeable about career opportunities in the chemical sciences.
- Students appreciate the value of science to society.
There are two tracks available in the Chemistry program of Loyola Marymount University, ACS-certified track and General track.
The Bachelor of Science degree program, approved by the Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society (ACS), ACS-certified track in Chemistry, is designed to prepare the student not only for immediate entry into the profession of chemistry at the Bachelor's level but also for graduate study toward advanced degrees.
The Bachelor of Science degree program, General track in Chemistry, provides the student with a flexible program that builds upon a solid fundamental knowledge in chemistry. Students work with their advisors/chairperson to select upper division elective courses in emphasis areas like health sciences - which include but are not limited to medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, optometry - and areas such as forensics, environmental chemistry, education, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- World of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 1825 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and LMU Supplement
- International students are not required to submit the SAT or ACT to complete their application to LMU
- Provide Proof of English Proficiency
- Submit Transcripts
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application
International52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
National52553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52553 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.