Environmental Health (CIEH), this course is your first step to becoming an Environmental Health Practitioner. It covers the five key areas of Environmental Health, enabling you to specialise in any of these areas after graduation. These areas are:
- food safety
- health and safety
- environmental protection
- health protection and promotion
Located within the Public Health Institute at LJMU, the course benefits from extensive links with a range of organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors and provides a wealth of expertise at your fingertips. You will also be following in the footsteps of famous Liverpool practitioners, as both the first Medical Officer of Health (Dr Duncan) and the first Environmental Health Practitioner (Thomas Fresh) in the country were appointed in the city.
BSc Environmental Health (Hons) at Liverpool John Moores University course includes the food practical examination (including an offsite 2 day training course) and the Integrated Professional Assessment, key requirements for registration as an Environmental Health Practitioner. Along with taught sessions the course provides a range of field trips for students focusing on the key areas of environmental health.
By the time you graduate, you will have developed essential practical and professional skills plus your knowledge base, putting you ahead of the game when it comes to securing a job. In addition this programme is currently the only one in LJMU that includes all elements of the World of Work scheme within the curriculum.
You can expect to be able to forge a successful career in environmental health or a number of related fields. You may also choose to become a registered Environmental Health Practitioner (EHP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Key Study Skills
- Environmental Sciences
- Understanding Populations
- Environmental Health Law and Policy
- Environmental health concepts
- Practical skills for Environmental and Public Health
- Work Based Learning - Developing Environmental Health skills
- Food Safety
- Environmental Protection
- Housing and Public Health
- Research Methods for Environmental Health
- Health and Safety
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 64 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum points required from qualifications 112
- We shortlist applicants based on current qualifications, predicted grades, references and personal statement. We are looking for applicants who are interested in creating a fairer and healthier world. We are also looking for applicants who are keen to learn new skills and develop those they already possess. We want applicants with the ability to:
- Communicate effectively and confidently
- Understand and discriminate between ideas and methods in the field of public health
- Evaluate new ideas and add them to their existing knowledge when they judge them to be sound
- Appraise knowledge and suggest possible solutions to a range of problems
- Take responsibility for organising and delivering their own work, for developing as an independent learner, and planning their own career pathways.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Full-time industrial placement year fee: £1,850 per annum
- Full-time international placement year fee: £3,650 per annum
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.