During the International Development Studies program of University of Guelph students tackle the big issues like poverty, social justice, food insecurity, gender, inequality and climate change. You can choose from five areas of emphasis: Agriculture and Food Security; Development in the Canadian Context; Development in Fragile Contexts; Environment and Sustainable Development; and Gender and Inclusive Development. There are four areas of emphasis you can choose from:
- Agriculture and Food Security;
- Development in the Canadian Context;
- Development in Fragile Contexts;
- Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Corporate and social responsibility manager
- International policy analyst
- International development practitioner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding Development and Global Inequalities
- Development, Social Justice and Human Rights
- Poverty and Inequality
- Case Studies in International Development
- Engaging in Development Practice
- Managing and Evaluating Change in Development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
1 May - Final Application Deadline for students studying outside of Canada.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development View 46 other Masters in International Development in Canada
- The secondary school graduation certificate which would admit a student to an internationally recognized university in his or her home country is normally acceptable for admission to the University of Guelph. Please Note: possession of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
International26730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26730 CAD per year during 36 months.
National6091 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6091 CAD per year during 36 months.
- International: 26,730 - 36,906 CAD per year
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.