Professional support is provided in business and in art and art history, theatre arts and dance, or history. The program is planned for students with professional interest in textile and apparel design, product development, and fiber arts.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln we offer a bachelor degree in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design - Textile and Apparel Design. Textile and Fashion Design is a rewarding profession relating physical properties of textiles to the human need for fashionable and functional clothing and home accessories.
This option combines the art of design, the science of chemistry and the perspective of history in a rich, challenging learning environment that prepares individuals for dynamic careers at the creative forefront of the textile industry. The department's main objective is to prepare students for successful careers in the global textile and apparel industries.
- With a degree in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, positions would include Apparel Designer, Product Designer, Training Specialist.
- Entrepreneur, CAD Professional, Costume Designer, Fiber Artist, Textile Designer, or Technical Sales.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Basics for TMFD
- Product Development I: Garment Assembly
- Visual Communication and Presentation
- Clothing and Society: You Are What You Wear
- Introduction to Design Theory and Criticism
- Visualization Studio
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 138 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State259 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.