About this Degree
Students can specialize their learning to prepare for work in health care settings with children and families. Through electives and internships, students can prepare for graduate study in the field as well as a wide variety of careers supporting families and improving lives. The major in Human Development and Family Science offered by the University of Georgia helps students to understand and apply theory and research on human development to practice and policy.
With their knowledge of children, couples, and families, students in HDFS can enter professions such as social work, marriage and family therapy and professional counseling, healthcare, policy-making, or law, just to name a few. Our students provide therapeutic support to families coping with chronic disease or advocate for policies on Capitol Hill. They lead non-profit organizations designed to promote positive youth and family development around the U.S. and abroad, and plenty more. What can you do with a degree in HDFS? The question is, what can’t you do?!
Students who complete our major change the discipline. They are employed in colleges and universities, hospitals, government agencies, research institutes, and in mental health settings.
- Students who complete our major change the discipline. They are employed in colleges and universities, hospitals, government agencies, research institutes, and in mental health settings.
- Students transferring into this major should have fulfilled the core curriculum requirement and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Those students who have an interest in Human Development and Family Science should check with the Department of Human Development and Family Science to determine the actual requirements for entry into these programs. Lacking the basic preparatory courses will add to the time needed to complete the degree in all programs.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science View 3803 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Transcript from your graduating high school
- SAT/ACT scores
- Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher/Other Letter of Recommendation
International28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State9790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4895 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.