You’ll begin studying all areas of production, gaining practical skills to produce content across different platforms and media. You can then specialise in TV, radio or new media, with awareness of how they intersect in the modern world.
Students studying the Media Production degree at our Cardiff campus benefit from an expert teaching team, many of whom have professional media industry experience and excellent industry contacts. With Cardiff at the centre of one of the UK's most dynamic media industries, it's the perfect place to launch your career.
Our Media Production (Hons) at University of South Wales graduates have gone on to positions in the BBC, ITV, S4C, Made in Wales TV, Boomerang, Indus, Media Wales, Sky Sports and Sky News, alongside many other media outlets and PR companies. USW's Media Production degree is also part of Film & TV School Wales, which provides students with the skills and opportunities needed to work in today’s exciting TV and Film industry.
Graduates from our Media Production degree have pursued successful careers in film, TV and radio production and presentation, press and public relations, web design and journalism.
Dependent upon their chosen field, our students will graduate with the ability to implement professional working practice, in at least one of the following, at industry required entry level, as –
- A Sound Recordist working both independently and within team production scenarios (location and studio) across platforms and genres
- A Lighting-Camera Operator working both independently and within team production scenarios (location and studio) across platforms and genres
- An Interactive Designer working both independently and within team production scenarios (location and studio) across platforms and genres
- An Editor working both independently and within team production scenarios across platforms and genres
- A Sound Designer/Editor working both independently and within team production scenarios across media, platforms and genres
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Visual Production Techniques – Short Fiction
- Sound Design & Audio Production
- Interactive – Storytelling
- Client Brief – Professional Practice
- Critical Culture – Two
- Concept and Script Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Multimedia Media Studies & Mass Media View 633 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical A-Level Offer
BCC - CDD to include a relevant art and design subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical Welsh BACC Offer
Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level with a relevant art and design subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical BTEC Offer
BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant subject (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Typical IB Offer
Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including 5 or above in English at standard level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.