History
- The cornerstone of the university building was embedded on the 7th of June 1900. Within the next four years buildings of total volume exceeding 200,000 m³ were erected on the area of 6,4 ha.
- Back then, the university was divided into six faculties: Architecture, Chemistry, Construction, Machine Engineering and Electrotechnics, Shipbuilding and Ship Machine Engineering and General Sciences.