The Physician Assistant program of University of Toronto is a degree delivered in collaboration with Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) and The Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The three institutions have formed the Consortium of PA Education (Consortium) to collaboratively contribute in the development, administration and delivery of the U of T degree.
The Consortium offers students a balance in academic and clinical orientation, extensive access to health care relevant resources and a curriculum delivery model that maximizes rural training and geographic accessibility throughout Ontario. The program is designed to meet the competencies outlined in the National Competency Profile as established by the Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA). The aim of the program is to equip graduates with the competencies necessary to establish the foundation for a sustainable Canadian Physician Assistant profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Physician Assistant Role
- Clinical Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 18 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Canada
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required.
- Minimum 10 full-year courses (20 half-year courses) or the equivalent of 4 semesters full time of undergraduate university education from a recognized university.
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 calculated on the OMSAS scale. All completed undergraduate studies will be considered in the calculation of the cGPA.
- Minimum of 910 hours of health care experience. All forms of health care experiences are considered toward the minimum requirement; Health care experience can be obtained through employment, clinical placements as part of health care educational programs, or as a volunteer.
International57020 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57020 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6100 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.