The additional year of study means that you will gain a more rounded education, additional scientific context, and gain valuable experience in carrying out in-depth, original, research. After the intercalated year you will rejoin your original course, and continue from the point you left it.
The Intercalated BSc Bioveterinary Sciences programme of Royal Veterinary College is aimed at students with a strong interest in research. The programme allows you to develop your interests in scientific research and aims to equip you with a passion for biomedical research within the context of a diverse range of species, an appreciation of the fundamental principles of bioveterinary or biomedical disciplines, and an understanding of the complexity of comparative biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research project
- Advanced Concepts in Bio-business
- Advanced Concepts in Reproduction
- Applied Molecular Microbiology
- Advanced Skeletal Pathobiology
- Animal Behaviour and Cognition
- Applied Animal Welfare
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine View 66 other Bachelors in Veterinary Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Veterinary Medicine and Medicine undergraduates from any UK or EU Veterinary/Medical school are eligible to apply. Applicants will need to pass the year they are currently undertaking, and historical performance will be considered as part of the assessment.
- Internal applicants: Intercalation is normally considered for those completing Year 2, but applications from Year 3 will be considered with permission from the Student Progress Administrator.
- External applicants: Applicants will need to obtain permission to intercalate from their parent institution. This can be uploaded with one's application, or submitted post offer.
International20090 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20090 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.