Environmental Earth Science degreee offered at Aberystwyth University will train you to solve problems and contribute to society. We run field courses in each of the three years of your degree. Our facilities are recognised by Natural Environment Research Council (NERC).
What can I do with a degree in Environmental Earth Sciences?
Our graduates have, for example, found employment as environmental consultants, planners, civil servants, surveyors, and in education amongst man other things.
Employability is embedded within all courses provided by us. Our degrees provide a solid foundation for a vast array of careers across a range of sectors. In a rapidly shifting global economy, our graduates are adaptable and able to draw on a range of transferable skills, ensuring that they are always in demand.
The skill sets include:
- Enhanced mathematical and computational skills;
- Effective problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Information technology skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-management, organisational skills;
- Communication skills both written and oral;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An Introduction To Earth Materials
- Earth Surface Environments
- Fieldwork Skills
- First Year Environmental Earth Science And Environmental Science Tutorial
- Life On Earth
- Researching The World: Data Collection And Analysis
- The Geological Evolution Of The British Isles
- The Atmosphere And The Water Cycle
- The Dynamic Earth
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 153 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels BBC with C in a science subject
- GCSE requirements (grade C min):English or Welsh, Mathematics
- BTEC National Diploma:
- DMM with specified subject
- International Students
- International Baccalaureate:28-30 points overall with 4-5 points in a science subject at Higher Level
- European Baccalaureate:65% overall with 70% in specified subject
International15800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.