About Dermal Sciences at Victoria University
This Dermal Sciences course from Victoria University helps you develop a comprehensive foundation knowledge in all areas of dermal science. You will learn the skills to perform safe and effective dermal treatments.
Dermal procedures covered include:
- laser and light based treatments
- resurfacing procedures
- lymphatic procedures.
You will also learn how to provide pre and post-operative care for clients who have undergone plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic procedures.
During the course you will undertake clinical training in a variety of settings. You will learn to identify, evaluate and manage the physical, psychological and social needs of clients undergoing dermal assessment and treatment for conditions such as:
- wound healing
- pre/post-operative skin care
- fluid retention
- inflammatory conditions
- skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and rosacea
- uneven skin tone and pigmentation
- ageing or sun damaged skin
- removal of excess hair, tattoos, skin tags and leg veins.
The dermal therapies industry is growing rapidly as consumer demand increases. In response, our course is designed in collaboration with industry and the Australian Society of Dermal Clinicians to include the latest technological developments, theory and hands-on experience to ensure you’re work ready.
- Dermal therapist
- Dermal clinician.
- Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
- Dermal Sciences
- Communication and Dermal Services
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Public Health and Wellness
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
We are currently accepting applications for this course.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 184 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
International33000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 AUD per semester during 48 months.
The amount you pay for your course depends on whether you’re offered a Commonwealth supported place or a full fee-paying place
Paying national: $21390 per year
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.