Graduates of this Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science course at University College Cork will have a broad range of quantitative numerical and computational skills that are of use in many fields. Graduates who wish to pursue an actuarial career may qualify for exemptions from some of the professional actuarial examinations, depending on performance and choice of electives, and will have the necessary preparation to undertake the remaining examinations.
A number of degree courses in the UK and Ireland correspond to some or all of the core principle exams of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries - the first stage of the professional education of an actuary.
A number of degree courses in the UK and Ireland correspond to some or all of the eight core technical subjects in the first stage of the professional education of an actuary. This degree provides a thorough education in the mathematical sciences, as well as the preparation for a career with a financial focus.
In addition to opportunities in the financial and insurance areas, and in the mathematical sciences, our graduates will have acquired analytical, computing, communication, and problem-solving skills that will open the way for a wide range of careers.
Graduates in Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science can look forward to careers offering intellectual challenge, professional status, job satisfaction and high earnings.
Designing solutions to mathematical problems involving financial risk or future uncertainty places the graduate among the most highly valued professionals in the financial world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete Time Financial Models
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics
- Derivatives, Securities and Option Pricing
- Financial Modelling for Actuarial Science
- Continuous Time Financial Models
- Computational Finance
- Financial Mathematics Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Actuarial Science View 14 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Leaving Certificate entry requirements: H5 in two subjects, and O6/H7 in four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate from Irish, English, Mathematics, and three other subjects recognised for entry purposes.
- Special Entry Requirements: H3 in Mathematics. Students presenting with a 2016 (or previous) Leaving Certificate must present with a HB3 in Mathematics.
- Mature students: Applicants should apply directly to CAO, include a statement of interest and may be called for interview. Applicants must have studied Maths at second level or QQI/FETAC level or demonstrate involvement with Maths related areas. Approximately three places are available for mature students.
International20130 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20130 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4320 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cork
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.