Graphic Design (Hons) from De Montfort University opens the door to an extensive variety of creative roles, from positions in agencies, freelance consultancy, in-house or even opportunities to set up your own studio. Advertising, animation, visual effects or stylist, there are many directions a Graphic Design degree can take you.
Gain the essential experience required to become a successful graphic designer and graduate with an impressive portfolio that demonstrates your skills and talents, showcasing your capabilities to prospective employers.
Not only do you learn how to apply your creativity, you’ll also be able to develop other areas such as research, analytical and entrepreneurial skills. Teaching staff are practising designers with a range of experience and close industry links, allowing you to spend time working with professional clients, such as the House Design Society.
Graphic Design graduates have gone on to work for a range of companies such as Net-a-Porter, Warner Music, Bauer Media, Morse Studio, Mammal, Commercial Art, 19 Grams, Groove Bulb, Six, New English, Tudor Rose and Bulb Studio.
Graduates have also progress into the graphic communication sector as staff designers, consultants or freelancers, in areas such as advertising, promotional design, and interactive and multimedia design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graphic Studies: Context and Communication
- Type and Image for Graphic Design
- Media and Communication Technology for Graphic Design
- Integrated Graphic Studies
- Applied Graphic Studies
- Major Negotiated Pathway Project
- Creative Competition Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 482 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A typical offer is a normally 104 UCAS points from at least two A-levels with Art and Design at grade C or above, or
- Art and Design BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM
- Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English or equivalent.
- Pass Access in the QAA accredited Access to HE Art and Design course with at least 15 credits in Art and Design at merit. English GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification.
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ points including Art and Design at higher level grade 5 or
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma: Pass
- Portfolio Required: Yes.
Alternative qualifications include:
We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course.
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.