One of the broadest engineering disciplines, electrical and electronic engineering uses cutting-edge technology to address some of the major concerns of the modern world. There is a growing demand for skilled graduates to work in industries such as consumer electronics, alternative energy and transport, medical engineering and communications.
Years one and two provide a strong grounding in mathematics, computing, analogue and digital electronics, communications, electromagnetics, power electronics and control. In the third and fourth years you will choose from a range of optional units, which means you can focus on anything from electrical power systems to electronic communications.
Year three includes a group design project, and in the fourth year you will undertake an individual research project.
Through our close collaboration with industry, you will benefit from excellent employment prospects. Recent graduate employers include Intel, the BBC, Dyson, Jaguar Land Rover, Siemens, Hewlett-Packard, EDF Energy and many others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Circuits
- Digital Circuits and Systems
- Fields and Devices
- Electrical Systems Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 313 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: AAA including Mathematics or A AB including A in Mathematics
- A-level Contextual offer: ABB including A in Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 36 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Contextual offer: 32 points overall with 16 at Higher Level, including 6 at Higher Level in Mathematics
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
- BTEC offer DDD in Engineering plus either A in A-level Mathematics or achieving the required level in the University of Bristol Mathematics Test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24700 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- EU students: £24,700 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,750 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.