In your second year you will study molecular genetics and learn skills in recombinant DNA technology, which underpins research in many cutting-edge laboratories.
Our eBiolabs dynamic laboratory manual is available to help you prepare for practical laboratory sessions in the first and second year.
In the final year you will choose options from approximately ten different units. You will also undertake a research project or scientific dissertation, working in a research group in the School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine or in one of the surrounding hospitals. These units and the research project reflect our research strengths in the areas of cancer biology, stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, and infection and immunology.
A four-year BSc Cellular and Molecular Medicine programme from University of Bristol is available by transfer after securing a placement during the second year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Molecular Microbiology
- Normal and Tumour Cells
- Biochemistry: Cellular Composition
- Disease and Defence
- Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Infection and Immunity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 893 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAB including Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject
- 34 points overall with 17 at Higher Level, including 6, 5 (in any order) at Higher Level in Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject
- Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B and M3 is C
- Access to HE Diploma in Science, Biomedical/ Medical/ Health Science or Psychology (or similar titles). The 45 graded Level 3 credits must include:
- at least 21 credits at Distinction and 24 at Merit or above; and
- at least 12 credits (with 9 at Distinction) from Chemistry units and at least 12 credits (with 9 at Distinction) from units in another science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU students: £25900 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.