The Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology course from University of Bristol offers a breadth of topics, allowing you to choose your specialism whilst developing your knowledge and research skills.
In your first two years you will supplement your study of biochemistry with molecular biology and biotechnology units. Recent options have included Fundamentals of Molecular Microbiology, Disease and Defence, and Infection and Immunity.
Your third year introduces specialist, cutting-edge aspects of biochemistry, such as synthetic biology, DNA-protein interactions, and protein science in therapy and technology.
We prepare you for your future career with subject-specific employability and enterprise sessions and the chance to gain additional research experience in a summer studentship.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Chemistry : Molecules of Life
- Biochemistry: Cellular Composition
- Fundamentals of Molecular Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Normal and Tumour Cells
- Disease and Defence
- Macromolecular Structure, Dynamics and Function
- Molecular Cell Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 476 other Masters in Biochemistry in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: AAA including Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject or A AB including A in Chemistry and B in another core science/mathematics subject
- A-level Contextual offer: AAC including AA in Chemistry and another core science/mathematics subject or ABB with A in Chemistry and B in another core science/mathematics subject
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
- BTEC offer: DDD in Applied Science, plus A in A-level Chemistry
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24700 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- EU students: £24,700 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £10,750 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.