Our Computer Systems Engineering (Hons) course at University of Bath prepares you for a career in an advancing field at the interface of engineering and computing. You'll gain in-depth knowledge of modern computer systems, software engineering, computer graphics and embedded programming to become a systems-level expert.
Learning the foundations of electronic, electrical and computer principles gives you a broad understanding of the subject. Later in your degree, you can specialise with a choice of units including embedded electronic systems, computational intelligence or electronic design.
Working with the latest digital technology, you'll design systems such as embedded microprocessors, programmable integrated circuits or high-performance computers. You'll learn how to use industry standard programming and hardware design languages, operating systems and applications.
You’ll learn from academics with expertise in electronic and electrical engineering. Their international collaborations and research activities feed into undergraduate teaching and contribute to your learning experience.
You'll have access to facilities specially equipped for your degree. Our laboratories are designed to be similar to industrial workspaces so you gain an insight into what it is like to work in a professional environment. These include laboratories for autonomous systems, robotics, tomography, bioelectronics, superconductivity and power electronics. We also have facilities for opto- and nano-electronics, additive manufacturing, printed circuit board prototyping and a mechanical workshop.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electronic laboratory techniques and professional engineering practice
- Circuit theory
- Engineering physics
- Signals, systems and communications
- Microprocessors and interfacing
- Digital electronics
- Electronic systems design and manufacture
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Only Overseas students are eligible to apply
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 498 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Your application, especially your personal statement, should explain your motivation for choosing this degree and any relevant non-academic interests and achievements. You are more likely to be successful if you demonstrate a strong interest in electrical engineering and computer systems through relevant reading, extracurricular or co-curricular activities, or work experience.
- You will need a strong performance in Mathematics as part of your entry qualifications.
- We know that the context in which you are studying can have an impact on your ability to perform your best in exams and coursework, or limit which subjects or qualifications you are able to study at your school or college.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.