The Chemical Engineering (Distance Learning) (Hons) degree at the University of Strathclyde is ideal if you're already working as a technician and want to become an engineer. Or, if you're an engineer or scientist working in another discipline, and want to move into chemical engineering.
If you're successful in getting into the course, you'll receive half of your credits:
- in recognition of prior study
- in recognition of your current industry experience
You'll get the from studying the course part-time over three or four years, distance learning.
Chemical engineers are among the best rewarded engineers globally, and work across all sectors of industry from energy and foods to pharmaceuticals and medicine, as well as branching out into other areas such as finance and management.
The department works closely with the University Careers Service through every year of our course, to support students in building excellent employability skills and portfolios of experience.
Institution of Chemical Engineers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Engineering & Project Management
- Chemical Principles & Thermodynamics
- Chemical Engineering Safety
- Process Analysis & Statistics
- Fluid Flow & Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer & Separation Processes
- Process Design & Simulation
- Biochemical Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Honours: 480 credits
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Bachelors in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your work experience and prior education must be be equal to 240 credits.
In the past, we've admitted students with:
- Higher National Diploma (HND), or international equivalent, in chemical engineering with some chemical engineering-related industrial experience
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) (or international equivalent) in chemical engineering with significant related industrial experience
- Similar qualifications to HND or HNC, or higher, in a related discipline, eg applied chemistry, mechanical engineering etc. You may need to complete some bridging courses
- Other combinations (like the above) that's given you enough relevant background information
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Year 4 - £4,500 (60 credits)
- Year 5 - £4,500 (60 credits)
- Year 6 - £6,000 (80 credits)
- Year 7 - £7,500 (100 credits)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.