The Bioengineering program is offered by Washington State University. Bioengineering applies engineering methods and concepts to living systems and utilizes biological methods and concepts to improve engineering practice. It is among the fastest growing disciplines in the nation, with many exciting and diverse career options.
Strengths of the program
- Graduates from the program have many options for professional practice and advanced study.
- Learn to work as a team to create new products and technologies.
- Pursue opportunities to participate in faculty research projects.
- Gain an edge from caring, knowledgeable faculty who are geared toward student success and are available to advise students.
- WSU’s program benefits from strong ties to veterinary medicine on the Pullman campus and human medicine in Spokane.
- Courses are selected from subjects in several engineering and science fields, offering a strong integration in both areas.
Bioengineering is a rigorous engineering degree program that incorporates biological sciences into engineering problem solving and design.
By appropriately choosing electives, bioengineering students can focus their bioengineering education in any of a variety of areas that fit their particular interests, including molecular or cellular bioengineering, biomechanics, bioinstrumentation and device design, transport phenomena, bioengineering analysis, or computational algorithms to improve the lives of individuals.
A major in bioengineering, together with the University's pre-medical or pre-veterinary medicine advising, can serve as ideal preparation for medical or veterinary school.
Careers available to graduates span engineering, biomedical, and other biologically based careers. Employers of graduates include medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, biotechnology product manufacturers, government agencies, research laboratories, universities, and product testing laboratories.
Graduates with strong engineering interests are employed as design engineers, quality engineers, sales engineers, and product development engineers.
Many graduates enter advanced study in biomedical engineering or other engineering disciplines or apply for professional schools in human or animal medicine. With advanced degrees, graduates frequently enter research careers. Moreover, bioengineering provides a successful pathway to careers in medicine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioengineering Analysis
- Mechanics of Biological Materials
- Unified Systems Bioengineering
- Cellular Bioengineering
- Transport Phenomena
- Bioelectric Phenomena and Devices
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The priority date for admission applications is January 31. Applications received after are welcomed and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 308 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your high school send your official transcripts to WSU. If you have college credit through Running Start or a similar program, ask the college to send those transcripts to WSU as well.
- Have your official SAT or ACT scores sent to WSU.
International52186 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26093 USD per semester during 48 months.
National25702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12851 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5380 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The College of Engineering and Architecture offers more than 300 scholarships a year to first- and second-year students. The Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering awards approximately $85,000 annually to students who show leadership and academic promise. Bioengineering students are encouraged to apply for scholarships offered by the Voiland School.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.