The Film Studies BA offered by King's College London will provide you with detailed knowledge of both the creative potential of film and the relationship between film and the societies it portrays, setting you up for a career in media arts and related industries. Study an array of topics from different times and places, whilst making use of our well-equipped and enviable facilities.
- Broad list of modules covering popular European and Asian film, underground and cult cinemas, documentary and new media, among many other areas
- Enviable facilities including two dedicated, fully-equipped lecture-seminar rooms, a large film theatre with 35mm/digital projection, and a huge collection of print, VHS and DVD/ Blu-ray materials in the Maughan Library
- Wide range of student societies, including an active film making society
- We offer a friendly and supportive learning environment with a diverse and inclusive curriculum
- Our central location offers exciting possibilities for further access to film, most notably King's close proximity to the British Film Institute
- We provide a foundation for pursuing careers in the media, arts, and related activities
Career destinationsRecent graduates have found employment as:
- Broadcast Assistants
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Communications
- Location Managers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Studies: Forms
- Research & Scholarship in Film Studies
- Critical Debates in Film Studies
- Film History: 1895 - 1930
- Film History: 1930 - 1945
- Film History: 1945 - 1980
- Film History: 1980 to the present
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 107 other Masters in Media Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A levels.Must include an essay-based subject.
Subjects we have previously accepted for meeting the essay-based subject requirement include:
Anthropology, Business, Classics, Classical Civilisation, Creative Writing, English Language/English Literature/English Language and Literature, Modern languages , Latin, Law/Legal Studies, History, Religious Studies, Philosophy, Film Studies, Media Studies, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Geography.
- Required subjects
International20790 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20790 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.