This Dementia Care Program from University of Tasmania will develop your specialised knowledge in this field so that you can make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia.
This is a fully online course with no exams, face to face study, or workplace assessment component. Dedicated Student Advisers are on-hand throughout the course, providing support and guidance throughout your studies.
Over 400,000 Australians are currently living with dementia, this number increases every year. The impact on communities, families, governments and health professionals will be significant as these numbers increase.
Graduates from this course may find work in a range of career paths such as in the aged care industry in both the public and private sectors, or as a pathway to undertaking further study in graduate health programs.
Individuals with backgrounds in healthcare, community service and allied health professionals, may find study in this course advantageous – and opportunities for Recognition of Prior Learning (or credit) are available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Neurobiology of Dementia
- Preventative and Therapeutic Approaches in Dementia Care
- Principles of Palliative Care
- Nutrition, Dysphagia and Dementia
- Individual and Community Approaches to Dementia Prevention
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 25 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
- Admission to undergraduate courses at the University of Tasmania requires the completion of qualifications equivalent to the 12th year in Australia. Some courses also require the completion of pre-requisite subjects, such as Mathematics or Chemistry.
International18585 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55757 AUD for the full programme during 36 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.