Why study the Archaeology BA programme at Leiden University?
Make a meaningful contribution to our knowledge of humankind by studying the activities and behaviour of people from the past. With learnings from history, you will gain new insights into our present-day world. You will look at contemporary issues like migration, globalisation, and climate change through an archaeological lense. With this unique angle, you may contribute to the public debate.
Depending on your preferences, you may also immerse yourself in the role of heritage in society. You will think about the future and the preservation of heritage, and you will gain experience with heritage policy. Furthermore, you will explore current issues, for example the role of cultural heritage within migrant communities.
Furthermore, the programme offers:
- a strong, global emphasis, with wide networks in international research;
- excellent facilities in the heart of Leiden’s academic community;
- English language teaching by enthusiastic lecturers;
- a lively and sociable study association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Heritage and Society
- World Archaeology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Archaeology History View 17 other Bachelors in History in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement for admission to any bachelor’s programme at Leiden University is a diploma that is at least equal to the Dutch pre-university diploma (VWO). If your diploma does not meet these requirements you may still be admitted, on condition that you sit additional exams.
International12100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12100 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leiden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.