In order to produce sensible theories and draw accurate conclusions from data, cutting-edge statistical methods are needed. These methods use advanced mathematical ideas combined with modern computational techniques, which require expert knowledge and experience to apply.
A Mathematics and Statistics course offered at the University of Oxford equips you with the requisite skills for developing and implementing these methods, and provides a fascinating combination of deep and mathematically well-grounded method-building and wide-ranging applied work with data.
The majority have joined the insurance and financial services professions, but there are a wide range of options for graduates whose studies have included a substantial amount of statistics and applied probability. There is great demand for those wishing to work in the relatively new area of data science, while careers in fields as diverse as health, technology, education and industry are all possible.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Probability and statistics
- Geometry and dynamics
- Multivariate calculus and mathematical models
- Algebra and differential equations
- Metric spaces and complex analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 691 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: A*A*A with the A*s in Mathematics and Further Mathematics (if taken). For those whom Further Mathematics is not available: either A*AAa with A* in Mathematics and a in AS-level Further Mathematics or A*AA with A* in Mathematics.
- Advanced Highers: AA/AAB
- IB: 39 (including core points) with 766 at HL (the 7 must be in Higher Level Mathematics)
- Candidates are expected to have Mathematics to A-level (A* grade), Advanced Higher (A grade), Higher Level in the IB (score 7) or another equivalent.
International28330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28330 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Islands (Channel Islands & Isle of Man): £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.