The study of both biological and social disciplines, integrated within a framework of human diversity and sustainability, should enable the human scientist to develop professional competencies suited to address such multidimensional human problems.
The Human Sciences from the University of Oxford draws on specialists from a number of different faculties in the University. Lectures introduce most of the material you will need and provide the core concepts and theories for each paper. Tutorials, given by specialists in different fields, allow you to consider particular topics in greater depth. They also allow students from different academic backgrounds to gain the necessary grounding across a range of subjects.
Recent graduates have found opportunities in fields including the public health, medicine, conservation, the Civil Service, social policy, the charity sector, teaching, the media, the law and industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The biology of organisms including humans
- Genetics and evolution
- Society, culture and environment
- Sociology and demography
- Quantitative methods for the human sciences
- Behaviour and its evolution
- Human genetics and evolution
- Human ecology
- Demography and population
- Either Anthropological analysis and interpretation or Sociological theory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sociology Biology View 604 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: AAA
- Advanced Highers:AA/AAB
- IB: 38 (including core points) with 666 at HL
- Biology or Mathematics to A-level, Advanced Higher, Higher Level in the IB or any other equivalent can be helpful to students in completing this course, although they are not required for admission.
International28330 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28330 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Islands (Channel Islands & Isle of Man): £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.