A Bachelor of Health Sciences from UQ equips you to make a difference to the lives of many, with a program created in consultation with the health industry.
The Health Sciences program is offered by University of Queensland includes study in biomedical sciences, public health, preventative health, the business of health and professional practice. It is also flexible, designed to prepare you for a clinical or non-clinical career.
In your third year you'll undertake 90 hours of practical (non-clinical) placement to gain hands-on industry experience.
For non-clinical students, it provides access to careers in the planning and delivery of efficient public health programs and policies, and enrolment in postgraduate degrees such as the Master of Public Health.
- Learn the most relevant, up-to-date theory from some of the country’s leading experts in health.
- Gain hands-on experience to help you graduate job-ready.
- Enjoy the flexibility to choose a clinical or non-clinical career path.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology for Health Sciences
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health
- Health Systems & Policy
- Health Research & Evidence
- Measurement in Health
- Legal & Ethical Principles in Health
- Practicum in Health Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 121 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 055897K
- Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C). It is highly recommended that students undertake one of Year 12 (or equivalent) Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics.
International37344 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37344 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.