You’ll study units that lay the groundwork in biochemistry and the physiological systems, as well as studying an academic core of topics in your chosen specialism of cardiac physiology, neurophysiology or respiratory and sleep physiology. From there, you’ll study subjects specific to your chosen specialism. Whichever route is right for you, you’ll see that practice makes perfect – as you’ll do work-based clinical placements, completing a total of 50 weeks in all.
You’ll build the knowledge, clinical training and skills you’ll require as you prepare to team up with other health professionals in the important work of diagnosing and treating disease.
If you’re shortlisted for entry onto this Healthcare Science (Physiological Sciences) (Hons) degree from Manchester Metropolitan University, you must attend an interview in person as part of the selection process. You’ll have to pass a medical examination and be vaccinated to work in medical fields. You’ll also need a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service certificate, which is completed through the University. This degree is not available to overseas applicants.
Many of our graduates work in the NHS as healthcare scientists in cardiology, respiratory and sleep or neurophysiology, according to their specialist area. For those who wish to continue their studies, we offer a range of postgraduate programmes across the breadth of healthcare sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Scientific Basis of Physiological Sciences
- Physiological Systems
- Professional Practice, Research Skills and Physiological Measurements
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Professional Practice, Signal Processing and Instrumentation
- Disease Processes and Statistics
- Specialist Studies
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Management View 756 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 120 UCAS Tariff points
- A levels – BBB, to include grade C in Biology (including a Pass in A level Biology Practical). General Studies not accepted.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (1080) in Applied Science – DDM
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project (EPQ) at grade C or above. Other AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
- International Baccalaureate points: 26 IB Diploma Points including HL 5 in Biology
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9259 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9259 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.