You will develop an informed understanding of the major debates shaping today’s society, and cultivate a wider ‘sociological imagination’ of the contemporary world. You will establish foundations in sociological approaches to gender, ‘race’, class and sexuality.
This will feed into higher level courses that deal with more complex issues including the relationship between science and ‘race’, reproductive politics, corporate power, climate change, ageing, religion and media power.
Your placement year will give you the opportunity to apply your key skills and competencies within a real work-based situation.
The Business and Sociology (Hons) course offered at the Aston University graduates go on to pursue a very wide range of career paths. Graduates enter business and commercial careers, caring and social careers, teaching and local government careers and many others. Progression rate to a first job is very high for Aston students and career prospects are good.
Our graduates are in demand from a wide range of employers where a sound understanding of organisations, management, team work and communication skills are essential.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Social Theory
- Becoming a Social Scientist
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Economic Environment of Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sociology View 1172 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB - BBB
- BTEC extended diploma (2019 entry)
- 32 points in the IB diploma (including TOK/Bonus points) with 6,5,5 at HL. Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
- GCSE English Language and Maths Grade C/4.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.