In today's rapidly evolving information age, employers in dynamic and well-paid industries have great demand for graduates with strong mathematical skills and the ability to analyse and model complex problems in a mathematical way.
Mathematics provides the advanced tools and techniques needed for facing these new tasks, and takes an increasingly significant role in future developments, as IT systems and 'big data' become ever more central to modern life. The single honours BSc (Hons) Mathematics programme combines elements of data analysis and computing with more traditional applied Mathematics modules. There is an optional placement year after the second year (sandwich course).
The Mathematics (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University has been specifically designed to meet the huge demand for skilled Mathematics graduates in finance, data analaytics companies and more generally for all information-processing businesses. An external panel from industry has advised on the content and structure of the course. Graduates may be employed in a broad range of positions; for instance in research and development teams as part of a large company or in start-ups, as trainee analysts and consultants. Graduates may also continue their training in MSc and PhD courses, or pursue teaching and education careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Mathematics
- Vector Alegbra and Geometry
- Probability Distributions
- Numerical Algorithms and Programming
- Mathematical Thinking and Writing
- Probability and Statistics
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics View 752 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB-BBB, to include A level Maths at minimum Grade B
- Extended Diploma: DDM Plus A-Level in Mathematics minimum grade B. For more information please see below.
- 31 overall points with 5, 5, 5 in Higher Level subjects including Higher Level Maths grade 5.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C/4 or above.
International17050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17050 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.