As well as supporting clinical staff, personnel and financial governance of medical equipment, ranging from the analysis and reporting on incidents involving medical devices to the assessment of new technologies, is also a vital need of the constantly growing healthcare sector.
Studying the Biomedical Engineering offered at the Aston University, you will also have the opportunity to complete several clinical and manufacturing visits designed to inspire innovation and entrepreneurship. We are partners in the Medical Device Testing and Evaluation centre (MD-TEC) based in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Your future career prospects
The interface between engineering and healthcare is a growing area of industrial need with a wide range of career options with global opportunities for graduates. Combining science, medicine and technology, biomedical engineers are the natural figures in designing and manufacturing practices, commercial development as well as in technology management for the healthcare sector.
Both the BEng and MEng programmes are accredited by the IMechE (Institution of Mechanical Engineers).
Additionally, the MEng programme meets the academic requirement in full for Chartered Engineer registration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Engineering Project 1
- Electronic Engineering Foundations
- Engineering Science
- Human Anatomy and Physiology for Engineers
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Software Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Project 2
- Biomedical Engineering Project 3
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 112 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBB-BBC. You must also pass the practical element of any Science course you take. Maths or Physics are required subjects.(consideration may be given to Further Maths, Design Technology, Engineering Science and Electronics if Physics is not studied at A level).
- A level applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking a maximum of one set of resits.
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.