With the increasing globalisation of business and revolution in communications, no company can afford to ignore the international dimension.The international business component of this course aims to develop the knowledge and skills required for assessing and developing international strategies and operations of businesses. The economics component develops the skills required to make an assessment of the economic environment of companies and their strategies within the context of national and international environments.
This International Business and Economics (Hons) programme from the Aston University offers a double degree option. Achieve two degrees for the price of one, and study abroad at one of our partner institutions.
Our graduates are targeted by major global companies year after year. Many of our graduates are now working in roles such as International Procurement Trainee, Chief Operating Officer, Data Analyst, Tax Consultant, Foreign Exchange and MoneyMarket Dealer, Trade Fund Analyst, Policy Advisor, Audit Associate and Deal Assurance Manager at organisations such as Lidl UK, HSBC, GSK, Royal Bank of Scotland, PwC (PriceWaterhouseCoopers), General Electric, Mazars and EY.
Graduates can claim exemptions from the examinations of a number of professional bodies.
At present exemptions are available from:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Mathematics for Economics
- Statistics for Economics
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Applied topics in Economics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration View 787 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels: AAB - ABB
- IB: 32 points overall in the IB diploma with 6,6,5 - 6,5,5 at HL. Minimum scores of 5 in English and Maths at Standard level.
- BTEC, Access & other: BTEC Extended Diploma DDD. Access to HE students are eligible to apply for this course.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.